A Stall of Momo(2) - 21/3/2016
As every day, I walk from KFC Signal to my house, I often observe a man who stands and waits for customers.Failed to understand what's happening? When I started going to that place I got to know what he has been selling.That particular place is surrounded by no. of showrooms, diagnostic centres, malls like Maxmart, Peoplemart.I have been seeing the amazing correlation of management terms and his stall of Momo.
When I started for Zumba classes in the month of April 2015, I saw the vendor for the first time.I could not resist myself and inquired about from the vendor what is this? how often you stands over here and sell these foods. It seemed to me like Modak but it was not Modak. It was piping hot and lips smacking. I was amazed to see efforts of owner to serve the customers.He hails from Assam and speaks in English with few customers if, required.He may be of 35 or 40 years old.He usually wears pant of old style and half sleeves shirt.He must be of 160 cm in height and always smiles at everybody. He is of jovial nature and will ask his loyal customers, are you returning from office? In order to serve you, I have kept separately a tiffin of Momo. I will pack paneer Momo for the family.
He has shown great skills of offline marketing for his Stall "Momo".He has been using plastic printed cover where Momo descriptions are available with rates which are quite visible from a distance.
He has a table, stove, aluminium round 4 pots, paper plates, plastic plates, napkins/ tissue papers, water bottle, ketchup, tomato mixed with red chilli chutney.
He stands every day and waits for customers.Anybody who crossing his stall, she /he can not resist having Momo. He has the variety of Momo such as veg, non-veg, paneer at the rate of 40,50, 60. The most popular are Non-veg and Momo. Even though he stands every day and waits for customers, he feels happy in serving the customers.This could be termed as filling the funnel of new customers to his list.
Every time he shows interest in engaging the customer by asking; Do you need Chutney sir/madam.? Do you need water sir/madam? He shows how well he is judging the situation of "Customer Engagement" in management terms.He assures from his side that cleanliness is also at the top level.
He uses the plastic plate and then paper plate to serve Momo along with Chutney of two varieties. He does optimum utilisation of water.He wipes every plate with a cotton cloth before serving to customers.
He adds customization to his Moroz as per need basis which shows how good he is in providing extra mile. For e.g he had included ginger, pepper to stuffing, coriander leaves chutney.
I often go and eat Momo if, by any chance I have less money, he will nicely tell do not worry sir/ madam you can pay me next time. He knows how to position himself in the minds of the customer by asking could I also arrange for Parcel for family members?.This reminds me of the marketing strategy of STP analysis I,e Segment Targeting and Positioning. Adjacent to his stall many big people will come in car and order for non-veg Moroz and relish that.
I have not come across any customers complaining Momo is overcooked, uncooked Moroz and stale.He takes initiative as a leader and sees whether it's hot or cold if it's cold he will steam. In a gentle way he says to his customer I am just steaming it, kindly wait for 2 minutes and customers loves his approach.He makes sure that customers are enjoying eating Momo. Even at the closure time, he assures that Momo is served to customers.That's called a good approach to treating a customer and retaining them.
As every office going person does all the presentations for the meetings, he also wakes up by 5:30 in morning, purchases required vegetables, dough the floor, cut and chop vegetables and prepare before 3:30.He and his family put all their efforts daily in order to prepare the best Momos in the locality. I have been seeing great competition in our locality but he has been successful in creating his monopoly in his vicinity.
He supplies panner and non-veg momos to sony showroom, icicle bank and Samsung showrooms. In short, he has different business verticals in the form of regular customer selling, customer engagement selling, enterprise selling and corporate selling.Adding on to this, he has been supplying Moroz for a birthday bash in his vicinity.He has four people to support him in this work including his wife.
I can sense out that his business is running well because of following reasons:
1) Taste of Momo.
2) Customer Satisfaction.
3) Customer Engagement.
4) Being a proactive leader and works on customization.
5) Business Verticals.
So this way, it's an overall package of Management of Momo and I believe he should also tie up Wow MomoZ which has the chain across India. They are headquartered in Kolkata and running a business across India wonderfully. I wish vendor reaches new heights in selling and supplying of Momo more in coming days.
Comments
Post a Comment