No doubts there are many people (especially my family members) in my life who has always motivated me and want me to work on myself. This time, I would like to draw some instances when I was completed shattered personally and professionally. There are various instances but would share 5 to 6 from my end. Here you go!
1st Time - April 2017 during the second week
My sister -Shaily Choudhary was travelling to India with her family. I was so excited to see Shivi (my niece) for the first time because I used to enjoy playing with her on Skype calls. We had plans to roam together. But could not happen as we thought of.
In between, my guardian was trying to fix an alliance for me as usual. The guy's family was supposed to see me and wanted to take the matter forward.The guy was working in Dubai for the last 8 to 10 years. But when we did some homework regarding his profile, we found that he was 36 or 38 years old. His parents hid his age from us. It did not bother much to me because I did not have any interaction with the guy. No butterflies at that moment! I silently moved on.
2nd Time- July to August 2018
I came across a profile which showed interest in my profile and my guardian initiated the first talk. The guy was Abhishek Srivastava who was tall handsome, focussed on career, cricketer, a fabulous friend and completed his MBA from Great Lakes, Chennai.
His father started the conversation and he wanted his son to get settled down in Bangalore as he did not have a scope in Chennai. He landed in the country of Nelson Mandela for his project work for at least one year. He was so passionate that he learnt various skills to enhance his personality.
My parents found Abhishek's profile, strong enough and parents decided that we should meet. I was so curious and excited.
Finally, our conversation on WhatsApp and calls started. I found him good over a call. We started to have to chat over WhatsApp every day in order to understand his expectations. If I remember, I started Cycling just to commute from home to office and vice-versa. During that time, my interest level for going to Cult had almost died and I did not step in there for the various classes. In my mind, a different world was hovering altogether. I went into the world of care, support, respect, fun and many more. Well, this got ended soon because of new things were destined for us. He came from Chennai to meet me as he wanted to let his parents know about us.
Since I wanted this alliance to be in my favour, I got two suits stitched for me. Trust me they were fabulous. The colour was Blue and Mehroon. I decided to wear a Blue one because that was most suited. He finally arrived in Bangalore, and I was so anxious to meet him. We had decided to meet in evening hours in Glen's BakeHouse, Indiranagar, Bangalore which was quite famous for pastries, coffee and muffins. Brother and Mummy were also there to saw him and after the initial talks, they left in some time. We had a good amount of chat in person. I started assuming that he would say yes to me during that meeting itself. I must say, I started to feel a soft corner for him. Due to my inner quest, I showed him my earrings collection to him through WhatsApp. I even cracked a joke if he could teach me how to drive 4 wheelers.
We both liked the meeting and on the same day, he had his train from Bangalore to Chennai. He texted by 12 and he is ready to take this ahead. I had no words to express my happiness. I wished him a happy and safe journey. One day, I felt there is something fishy and in between, I got to know that his parents will come and see me and will take this forward. I started to dream and was lost assuming that I will be with Abhishek for the entire life now. I started to take things positively and wanted that to happen. The countdown was on and his parents came to see me. I still remember, his dad was taking my name as "Swati Rani" and asked all the questions. I felt like, he will consider me his daughter not a daughter in law. A lot of emotions were going through my mind during the presence of his family. He did not come with his parents. His parents and a dear friend of his came to saw me. Shashank was praising him like anything. His clear intention was to say all good things about him. He discussed his struggle days with us. He also described how Abhishek had helped him. As per him, he was a true friend to him. I was totally impressed!
All went fine from our end. They left our home with a happy note. In between, Abhishek stopped texting me and told me that he was busy with his project work and he was literally busy. My brother called his dad and there was no response from his end. After a few hours, he (my brother) received a message that they will not proceed ahead with us. I received this message from my sister and I felt like I was fooled in this case. I could not control myself and cried a lot. I decided I will ask from Abhishek what was the reason for the same. Why you wasted the time of both the families? Why cannot you stand on your decision? What flaws did you see in me? I texted him after reaching home and blasted on him on WhatsApp.
Apparently, he did convey that his decision would be given a priority. Due to this, I was pretty sure that the family would say "yes" to us. But this wasn't in my destiny. My heart was broken into pieces and so my confidence.
All my dreams got shattered. I could not concentrate on anything around me. I started to feel as if I was cheated by someone. How can someone do this to a girl when everything was fine? For me, this was the most intolerable thing and then I used to cry while walking. I stopped interacting with the team members in the office. I did not share any feelings with anyone. I was like fighting with myself and the thoughts were buried in my heart. Big B, was also upset with the strange decision from his dad and was angry as well.
All my dreams got shattered. I could not concentrate on anything around me. I started to feel as if I was cheated by someone. How can someone do this to a girl when everything was fine? For me, this was the most intolerable thing and then I used to cry while walking. I stopped interacting with the team members in the office. I did not share any feelings with anyone. I was like fighting with myself and the thoughts were buried in my heart. Big B, was also upset with the strange decision from his dad and was angry as well.
We tried hard, but nothing happened and again we had to move on in our lives. Afterwards, I decided that I will never get involved with anybody over the chatting. I will not start to dream again.
But I had to move forward and take the learnings from this case.
But I had to move forward and take the learnings from this case.
3rd Case: November 2018 to March 2019
Just because I have an impressive profile on shaadi.com I do get good proposals to receive the request. Just like a normal day, we have received a request from Aurangabad (Land of Ajanta Caves).
Comments
Post a Comment