Skip to main content
6/10/2015: Journey from June to October in Qyk comes to an end

It all started well in June , was very happy after getting a prestigious position in a start-up company Qyk. During initial week of work, I took back to back interviews for selecting good candidates. Fortunately, I hired a good bunch of people in my team.

The first week with Reshmi, Kalyan and Prabu I had the wonderful time by different mock session.The mock session was totally based on how to convince the professionals for getting hired on our platform.

Week by week we grew from 5  members to 12 members.By 22nd July,2015 we had 12 members in a team.We started from 0 professionals on 7th June and made it to 9000 professionals till 30th September 2015. After spending a good time in the company, we on-boarded 1500 plus professionals to our platform. We got first appreciation by my manager for doing brilliant and congratulated every members who partake for boarding.That day was very special as I felt mission got accomplished by me and doing my work.

We had a team lunch together which was first and last though by Parived. Parived used to ask me if you are implementing anything just have a thought what may be the actions and reaction. We remember Newton's third Law of Motion "for every action, there is an equal opposite reaction " so I had to consider that aspect also.We used to enjoy our success but he used to ask me how you got success, what new things you did in order to achieve that.What implementation was being taken by your team members? I used to not had clue on that.

But after this, I started analysing the situation and what differently we were doing.I got to understand I have got few people who are pretty smart, intelligent and problem solver of their own.I started digging more into this and found interestingly that few consider this work just as a cake walk for them. Few got indiscipline during their stay in Company. One of the team members started for another company and started misusing office phone for their own work.

Finally, with great effort, we completed engaging our professionals to use our application.We enriched 600 professionals as on date.From last month we have been tested out with different projects like Deal Campaign, Travels and Tours, Packers Movers, Personal Loans and Photography. I was the complete owner of Travels and Tours and was not able to automate the entire process.This was the first time when I was asked to automate the process by applying different formulas.My bad I was unable to do it and felt that I am bad at excel formula.

As it came to me, I have to learn and practice required formulas in excel sheet after getting a suitable job for myself also.As every month starts October also started and I had planned what has to be done for team members and smooth running of entire projects assigned to my team members.

5th October 2015 everything was going on fine because I was getting customer's requirement for travels and tours and was able to learn different formula by then for sending the quote, sending details to professionals etc.Few hours after lunch we got to hear some bad news like team members are getting fired because investors not finding trust on our business model and don't want to invest in the company anymore.

When I heard from Reshmi that few of our team members are getting fired I was shocked and not have any clue what's going on and why they are doing that.They called one by one for having a small discussion regarding this.As time passed three people from the team yesterday were asked to leave.Then, out of shock, my manager called me then I understood my time is also over now.Time has come to pack the bag and leave.

Discussed regarding this with Pared and asked my performance. Parived shared that you were quite disciplined towards your work, target, team management.But yes as time will pass on you will find some more difficulties so take this as the learning experience and move further. I wish you great success. If you want I can recommend your name to my friends for a job reference.He asked me regarding encouraging my team members as they really broke down with this exist.

Finally left Qyk by 6:15 after giving office laptop and some documents.At last met Reshmi, Sultana and Khaiser and told goodbye to them and wished them good luck for their work. Qyk has also given me few good friends like Reshmi, Prabu, Monica, Harsha and Sowmya with whom I can chill and do hangouts.Definitely going to miss them for sure. Hope they have a great future ahead.

Now again I will have to look for team leader position in different other companies which might be the mountain digging task for me.But, I will try my level best from my side.

Comments

  1. Great one,.... We are expecting the journey to be continued :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are capable enough to continue this journey with efficiency and hardwork....waiting for another such journey story ....:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Love for Cycle. :)

  Since my childhood, I used to wish I could have a cycle and would go cycling on Road without any fear.  Well, that came true in the last year, 2021, in October. :) Well, what to say about cycling? It's becoming one of my daily routines; I miss it badly if I do not go out cycling. It gives me immense satisfaction and calmness.  Make my mind filled with a particular ray of hope for solving or fighting out any problematic situations. We all know how complicated life is for an individual, including work satisfaction, work pressure, personal commitments, etc. We don't always analyze every situation at one go; we take it slowly and carefully. Similarly, when you cycle at full speed, you often get to have inevitable distractions. For example, someone is asking for a pass; someone is constantly behind to surpass you; someone wants to ride faster than you; someone will come from another way without following any rules. We take it one by one depending upon our strengths and weakn...

Manage Meals Every Day?

My friends ask me how can you just manage to prepare meals every day and carry it? My answer to them has always been it's a matter of practice and you should not have expectations from anybody. I believe I have learned from my mother and my sisters. My school days were actually difficult for me in terms of Travelling. I failed to understand who coined the term FIFO. That did not work for me at all. Like every other day, my school bus used to come at 6:45 am to pick me from Ashok Raj Path, opposite to B.N. College, Patna. I was lucky enough that Mummy used to get up early to prepare meals for me. Gradually, my sister Shalini took that responsibility for a limited period. I used to enjoy my window seat on the bus, seeing people traveling with different means of Transportation. My energy level used to be so high and this was the reason to organize assemblies like Reading News, Singing National Anthem, etc. I loved them all! My school bus used to do Daily two trips and I w...

Unsaid Things

No doubts there are many people (especially my family members) in my life who has always motivated me and want me to work on myself. This time, I would like to draw some instances when I was completed shattered personally and professionally. There are various instances but would share 5 to 6 from my end. Here you go!  1st Time - April 2017 during the second week  My sister -Shaily Choudhary was travelling to India with her family. I was so excited to see Shivi (my niece) for the first time because I used to enjoy playing with her on Skype calls. We had plans to roam together. But could not happen as we thought of. In between, my guardian was trying to fix an alliance for me as usual. The guy's family was supposed to see me and wanted to take the matter forward.The guy was working in Dubai for the last 8 to 10 years. But when we did some homework regarding his profile, we found that he was 36 or 38 years old. His parents hid his age from us. It did not bother much ...