Skip to main content

Untold Story of Unacademy Journey

16/4/2017 - Sunday

Well from where should I start off? If I go back to 2016, search for a new job had started. Fortunately, I got to hear about Unacademy and desired to join this company since it was a startup company. 

I joined Unacademy on 10th Dec as Content Manager. My starting day was Monday i.e 12th Dec. I was extremely happy that I joined Education space and wanted to leave my mark. I had already left my mark in Healthcare and was not willing to continue. My journey started working with Roman. I was assigned to convince and train probable Educators to get onboard to our platform. I still remember I was asked to train 25 to 30 people every day. Eventually, I held up executing that for a month.Eventually, I got another responsibility for finding out people for Banking category.

With an experience of 5 years in Business Development Role, I thought it would be a cake walk for me but it wasn't at all. I had to mug up all my experience and cast them into my conversation with people and made them feel comfortable using the application. As every movie will have positive and negative things, I also faced some criticisms about my work, I was pointed out be slow at work, I got to hear I was not able to handle work pressure and did not have the knack of cracking deals. But Roman knew that I was the most hard working employee in his team. He kept me motivating all the time that I can do stuff on my own. I just could not forget the day when I had got a scolding from CEO of the company in front of all team members. That scolding was so bad that I was not able to work the whole day. Nobody spoke to me except Roman. I felt like leaving the company for this reason which was highly stupid from my end. After few days roles and responsibilities again changed. This was highly frustrating for me since it was only happening to me. I was not able to understand why this was happening to me only? Was I doing any mistake to my new process? I had no clue regarding that. But, from my point of view, things started working on and I was able to close few Educators from my side. I still remember Rahul Puri IAS academy, I closed. Unfortunately, he did not land up preparing a course on our platform till date. After this, I motivated myself to work better and always keep on asking Roman - Vimal for feedback. They helped me like anything, they had empowered with me all powers to accept, reject and review any demo lessons from my side. I started by Educator base with 10 Educators which had the names like " Rahul Puri, "Surbhi Sharma", Prashant Dhamangi", Amit Patel, Satyam Agrawal, Vinay Agrawal, Chirag Rathee, Ashish Prakash and Brijesh Kumar etc.This was all in the month of December. January month went really well, I started and approached people on Quora and found Aman Trivedi, Suraj, Vikram and quite a few others. 

February month was extraordinary very well I had performed like a rockstar. Helped in publishing 24 educator's first course to our platform. There were quite a good names under my belt starting from Arpita, Surbhi, Aman, Harshita, Ashwani, Rohan, Prince, Harshit, Abhishek Singh Chauhan, Anjal, Rahul Agrawal and how can I forgot Ankita Singh. In fact, many of the good educators are there on the platform from our side like Nikhil, Jewa, Shrutika, Shraddha, Apurva, Shraddha, Vanmala and much more. If I can start mentioning name of the educators it would take another 10 lines :P

I felt very proud till date in Banking Category we have now 32 Educators and 20 are onboard by me. It gives me immense happiness that I have been a part of Banking Category also. Now, major focus would be on everything else category. I have got a wonderful opportunity to interact with Ankita Singh, Aditya Ranjan, Sumeet Gothwal rank holder in their examinations. I have been seeing Educator's excitement to have a discussion with Roman on a call. For them, its just a dream coming true but for me, it's always an employer and an employee relationship. 

Arpita Prakash, who started with her course on 17th February has now approximately 3 Lakh views in just two months. She had visited Bangalore office and met everyone at our office. Apurva came to office and she had shared her insights as well. For me, it was a pride moment that many of Educators like Suraj, Arpita, Aman, Rahul, Harshit, Surbhi, Harshita, Hardik, Kumar Arpit, Nikhil, Vanmala views are just expanding like anything. Recently, after Unacademy Educate app launch and new process.We are really finding difficult times to establish the same kind of bond with the new Educators. I am sure we will be able to do it.

The journey has been superb till date. I enjoy every educator's little success and I always believe the destination is still a very far way for me. 

Comments

  1. Again a wonderful article by none other than swati mam, keep going....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Initially, you worked hard for being interactive with the educators of unacademy but now the new educators like me are so blessed to be in your guidance mam. Its just because of your dedication towards work and the zeal for helping us out in any possible way.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Love for Cycle. :)

  Since my childhood, I used to wish I could have a cycle and would go cycling on Road without any fear.  Well, that came true in the last year, 2021, in October. :) Well, what to say about cycling? It's becoming one of my daily routines; I miss it badly if I do not go out cycling. It gives me immense satisfaction and calmness.  Make my mind filled with a particular ray of hope for solving or fighting out any problematic situations. We all know how complicated life is for an individual, including work satisfaction, work pressure, personal commitments, etc. We don't always analyze every situation at one go; we take it slowly and carefully. Similarly, when you cycle at full speed, you often get to have inevitable distractions. For example, someone is asking for a pass; someone is constantly behind to surpass you; someone wants to ride faster than you; someone will come from another way without following any rules. We take it one by one depending upon our strengths and weakn...

Manage Meals Every Day?

My friends ask me how can you just manage to prepare meals every day and carry it? My answer to them has always been it's a matter of practice and you should not have expectations from anybody. I believe I have learned from my mother and my sisters. My school days were actually difficult for me in terms of Travelling. I failed to understand who coined the term FIFO. That did not work for me at all. Like every other day, my school bus used to come at 6:45 am to pick me from Ashok Raj Path, opposite to B.N. College, Patna. I was lucky enough that Mummy used to get up early to prepare meals for me. Gradually, my sister Shalini took that responsibility for a limited period. I used to enjoy my window seat on the bus, seeing people traveling with different means of Transportation. My energy level used to be so high and this was the reason to organize assemblies like Reading News, Singing National Anthem, etc. I loved them all! My school bus used to do Daily two trips and I w...

Unsaid Things

No doubts there are many people (especially my family members) in my life who has always motivated me and want me to work on myself. This time, I would like to draw some instances when I was completed shattered personally and professionally. There are various instances but would share 5 to 6 from my end. Here you go!  1st Time - April 2017 during the second week  My sister -Shaily Choudhary was travelling to India with her family. I was so excited to see Shivi (my niece) for the first time because I used to enjoy playing with her on Skype calls. We had plans to roam together. But could not happen as we thought of. In between, my guardian was trying to fix an alliance for me as usual. The guy's family was supposed to see me and wanted to take the matter forward.The guy was working in Dubai for the last 8 to 10 years. But when we did some homework regarding his profile, we found that he was 36 or 38 years old. His parents hid his age from us. It did not bother much ...