As the year 2015 is coming to an end,I had several remembrance of year 2010 to 2012 good and bad phase during four semesters of MBA 2010 to 2012.My brother dropped me to my college and I reached by 8:40 in morning. Remembered, I glanced through all girl's faces and thought somebody will offer but regrettably it did not happen. I went silently went and sat to the back row.
My first day was great though,because we had a competition of introducing people and I secured the 3rd position.We had a free sandwich as a breakfast organised by college. We had a session with all the professors but got started with Uday Chandran in morning session.
I had a fear on the first day because I was stepping in coed environment after 2004. I had spent my intermediate and graduation in girls/ women's college. I had a tough time though till December, 2012 because of environment and no North Indian students to accompany me.
With due struggle, I started talking to few students in my class and the names on the top of the list were Monica, Pruthvi ,Mangala and Prashant .Monica was quite interested to learn hindi and she was quite friendly when our discussion happened.I remember we used to had a fixed session for article discussion, headlines reading from Business Line newspaper.According to the roll number we used to discuss headlines,article and sensex reading.
For the next day,I raised my hand for article discussion. We used to gear oneself up for article discussion and professor U.C Chandran, Bhagya to win an appreciation. For me appreciation came after 5 attempts but got valuable feedback from professor that I need to be confident while speaking.Firstly,when I stood up for discussion,I couldn't help the quiver in my voice. But the way I approached was good as per professor.Surely but slowly I went on increasing my confidence and winning over stage fear. It took me entire first semester's time to gain the confidence in myself.
I had deep interest in organisational behavior and economics paper.The most difficult paper was Accounts.It had been a nightmare for me to get knowledge for accounts paper and passing out of it.I used to ask each and every concept from my friends and they were also pissed off with this thing.When examination was nearing for first semester I made up my mind to somehow achieve at least 40 marks out of 75 by practicing theory.In all my test paper I used to got 10 marks out of 30 and other friends 28 or 30. That was the time when I lost my confidence again and cried a lot. By consoling myself I again fought with my inner mind and heart assuming I could pass the paper.
As,date was announced for first semester examination , accounts paper answer was turned out to be pretty bad but still had hope to get through that. The day result for first semester came we got to know Pruthvi secured first rank as well as 58 marks in accounts paper. Few of my friends glued to the notice board for checking their number and I was behind them. I had a fear of not getting through the paper and it came out to be the same. I failed in accounts paper.I had only got 25 marks in accounts paper. Tears rolled down from my eyes and many things were happening inside like I had never got so less number in schools, intermediate and computer application. Though was not an intelligent, wise student but never ever got that tag,Why at that point of time / at that juncture why did i get that. I had to carry that on my shoulder till third semester examination.
I struggled hard to learn the concepts and practiced balance sheet and other things to gain more numbers along with the second semester's studies. In second semester again there was financial management paper and that was being handled by professor U.C. He was damn strict but used to taught in a different way. I had paid attention to his classes and learned different concepts and practical questions but still had an fear in my mind of not clearing that paper also. In second semester director Suresh Babu handled Entrepreneurship paper. Whatever professor used to ask question I was to be the first in my class to answer it.When I wrote my ED paper in pre final examination professor appreciated my way of writing the answers with the lots of diagrams and table involved in that.I secured the highest number in that paper in pre final second semester. As the time went on second semester exam was also over and I got 45 in finance paper and secured 63%.
I was quite excited to enter in third semester. My energy level was so high that new professor for hr was quite impressed with me and used to assign me different topics for presentation where in I had to elaborate using examples and facts.I was doing well in all subjects and my favourite subject was human resource development and strategic management.Professor started believing me and few of my friends started considering me a tough competitor. Competitors were my close friends in MBA and my stream was different from them.For them it was core finance where they could score easily wherein for me it was full theoretical.
Those days it was an apprehension that only finance subjects student secure first position in last year.But I never had an intention to broke that. I just focused on my studies and pre finals for the third semester and wrote the papers nicely. While writing the paper I had few points very clear in mind that I need to be expressive through my diagrams and tables. Answer should had an flow of information,where one could not found any fault in flow of information.Conceptual answers need to be practiced well so it was very important to learn all concepts of hr,marketing and strategic management papers.
I started well with my first paper as it was director's sir paper. After finishing that paper I went to him and spoke what I had written and how I had written. Wanted to check with him whether it was right or wrong.All papers went well and I was pretty confident that I will secure god percentage that time as it was my core subjects which was not easy though.
With the backlog of accounts paper from first semester I had to wrote back that paper as well to remove the tag of failure.I worked hard along with my professor and practiced again . I attended the examination with full confidence and as a result passed that paper with 40 marks out of 75 .It was full practical and I was very proud of that moment.
After exams we all were busy in project works and we wanted to finish as early as possible.Time was flowing as usual and tension of getting third result semester cribbed in. When I got to know results were out , I started searching results for MBA 3rd Semester on schools9.com website. My hands were literally shivering,I was not able to spoke with mom.I had no clue what would had happen with the result.Slowly and slowly I swallowed my hiccups and managed to put my registration number and pulled my result.
Oh god!! out of the shock I got to see I achieved very good numbers in all subjects and from college side also I got 24 out of 25 in all papers. I then calculated all marks for Mangala,Pruthvi,Divya,Srikanta,Banagowda,Suman,Prashant and Monica. Then came to know I had secured the highest marks in my class for that semester and none other has crossed 71 %. I was the only student was secured 74 % and broke that notion only finance students can top in third semester. I was so happy and immediately called up all my sisters and messaged my professor about this good news.I noted down 78 student's mark in a sheet and then got relieved ...Yeah!! finally I did it.I was on cloud 9 that time. I hug mom and thank god for that.I cannot forgot the date 26th March,2011 throughout my life.
After so many years I got that position again and I wanted to ruled that. The very next day when I stepped in the college everybody congratulated me and even my juniors. But on the other side few professors were in mind that me getting the highest mark was just an fluke. But there were two persons who were extremely happy one was Director Suresh Babu and other was my friend Monica. I had a very good time with my friends that day and we had a tea party.
As I wanted to maintain that position again I again worked harder and was able to show the professors that it was not a fluke that I topped in fourth semester with same percentage 74% Missed with one percentage otherwise I could had crossed 75% which never happened in college before.
I just felt happy and was very proud for my stay at CIMS college despite I failed in my first attempt for accounts paper. My professors like Director Sir, U.C Chandran and finally Mahesh Sir played an important role in mentoring me and gaining my lost confidence.
I had two wonderful date to remember through out my life time that was 26th March,2011 and 10th October, 2012.Golden date for me though!!Lastly, my family members also played a crucial role in bringing me up to this level.Journey of MBA was quite a mixture of sorrows and happiness.Though I was considered to be mediocre student but was able to achieve what I had in my mind always. My only intention was to do my best wherever I studies and that I did.
law of attraction worked so well for you maam...:)
ReplyDelete